This week’s recipe is my own simple take on a classic potato and leek soup. The blue cheese and cauliflower really add some depth of flavour to this seasonal dish.
- 2 x cloves garlic, crushed and diced (TNGT)
- 1 x brown onion, diced (Steve’s Vegies)
- 30mL extra virgin olive oil (The Village Olive Grove)
- 600mL vegetable stock
- 2 x leeks, white part only, sliced to 1cm thick (Laos Fresh Farm)
- 1 medium to large potato, peeled and cut into 1-2cm cubes (Erinvale Potatoes)
- 1/4 head cauliflower (Richmond Farms)
- 50-100g blue cheese, to taste (Southern Sky, Coal River, Elgaar Farm)
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 x slices of sourdough (Sandy’s Sourdough), buttered (Tasmanian Butter Co.)
- Creme fraiche and flat leaf parsley to serve
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil in a saucepan until onion is translucent (3-5 minutes).
- Add stock and bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Place leeks, potato and cauliflower in a steaming pot and steam over simmering stock for around 20 minutes.
- Add steamed vegetables and blue cheese to stock and season with salt and pepper
- Using a stick blender or food processor, puree until a smooth and creamy consistency is achieved.
- Serve hot with a slice of sourdough spread thickly with butter and enjoy!