Nothing says Christmas like a chocolate cherry trifle. These individual trifles can be prepared ahead and kept in the fridge for when guests pop in.
- 200 gm good quality dark chocolate (53% cocoa solids) finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 200 ml thickened cream – Elgaar Farm
- 250 gm cherries pitted – Richmond cherries – Rowella Cherry Farm
- ½ tbsp caster sugar
- finely grated rind and juice of ½ orange
- 200 gm dark chocolate cake crumbled
- 100 gm crème fraîche – Elgaar farm
Stir chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until melted (2-3 minutes). Cool briefly. Whisk cream in an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add chocolate in a steady stream until combined. Divide among four 300ml serving glasses and refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
Combine cherries, sugar and orange rind and juice in a bowl, stir until sugar dissolves, and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Divide cake among glasses, top with cherries and crème fraîche, and serve topped with grated chocolate.
This recipe was sourced from Gourmet Traveller