2 tsp plain flour (The Grain Family)
1 tbsp chopped fresh sage (Plants Direct)
330ml bottle Artisan dry cider (Brady’s Lookout)
1-2 tsp crab apple jelly
1 slice black pudding (optional)
For the parsnip mash:
25g butter (Tasmanian Butter Co)
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper (Tasman Sea Salt)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- For the parsnip mash, steam the parsnip for 15-20 minutes until tender. Meanwhile, sauté the leeks in the butter in a frying pan until softened but not coloured. Mash the parsnips and season with salt and pepper, then beat in the sautéed leeks with the mustard and cream.
- For the sage & cider gravy, heat half the oil in a large pan and sauté the onion for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden. Stir in the flour and cook for another minute, then gradually add the cider and allow to reduce down by half. Add the sage and then whisk in enough of the apple jelly to taste. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan and sauté the sausages until lightly golden all over, turning regularly with a tongs. Transfer to a baking tin and place in the oven for another 10 minutes or until cooked through and tender.
- (optional) Break up the black pudding into small pieces. Return the frying pan to the heat and quickly sauté the black pudding for a couple of minutes until sizzling. Arrange the parsnip and leek mash on warmed serving plates with the Pork and Apple bangers and spoon over the sage & cider gravy. Scatter over the black pudding crumble to serve.
Recipe sourced from www.donalskehan.com