This weekend we have Strelleyfield at the market with their free-range ducks as well of plenty of duck livers. If you’ve never tried making pate, it’s actually not difficult at all and like most things, the taste of homemade is in a whole new league!
- 200 gm butter, coarsely chopped – Tasmanian Butter Co.
- 2 golden shallots, alternative Red onion thinly sliced – Old School Farm, Steve’s Vegies, Seven Springs, Laos Fresh Farm
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped – Tasmanian Natural Garlic and Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves – Thirlstane Garden
- 100 gm bacon, finely chopped – Langdale Farm, Mount Gnomon Farm
- 500 gm duck livers, cleaned – Strelleyfield Tasmania
- 50 ml brandy
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) pouring cream – Elgaar Farm
- 150 ml clarified butter – Tasmanian Butter Co.
Pickled shallots and curly endive salad
Recipe and photo sourced from Gourmet Traveller