- Seasonal Autumn vegetables are simple and delicious. Served hot or cold, this is a great dish to make in under 10 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter – Tasmanian Butter Co.
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced – Wild Spore Mushrooms
- 2 shallots, chopped – Steve’s Vegies, Laos Fresh Farm
- 2 garlic cloves, minced – Tasmanian Natural Garlic and Tomatoes
- 1 kg slender green beans, trimmed – Old School Farm
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shiitake mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer mushrooms to medium bowl. Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in same skillet.
- Add shallots and garlic and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add green beans and toss to coat with butter.
- Pour broth over green bean mixture. Cover and simmer until liquid evaporates and green beans are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in shiitake mushrooms. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to platter and serve.