“This is one of my favourite summer dishes, simple but yet nutritious and extremely simple to make.” Stall Holder 41 Degrees South, Ben Pyka.
- 250 ml fresh Cream – Elgaar Farm
- 1 tablespoon olive oil – The Village Olive Grove
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced – Laos Fresh Farm
- 1 garlic clove, crushed – Tasmanian Natural Garlic and tomatoes
- 500 g hot smoked salmon c(rumbled) – 41 Degrees South Salmon and ginseng farm
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill – Steve’s Vegies
Salt & freshly ground black pepper – Tasman sea salt
- 400 gm Fresh Rocket Linguini (pre-order only) – 41 Degrees South Salmon and Ginseng farm
- Cook pasta for 2 minutes in a saucepan of salted boiling water or until al dente. Drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add red onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion softens. Reduce heat to medium. Add cream and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until cream is heated through (do not allow mixture to boil).
- Remove from heat and add pasta, salmon, capers and dill. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Divide among shallow bowls and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Ben Pyka from 41 Degrees South