Delicious minted roast lamb leg served on a bed of fresh seasonal asparagus.
¼ cup (60ml) olive oil (Coronea Grove Olives, Lentara Grove, Village Olive Grove)
⅓ cup (80ml) malt vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 bunch round mint, leaves picked and chopped (Laos Fresh Farm, Plants Direct Tasmania, Thirlstane)
1.5kg lamb leg, bone in (Mount Gnomon Farm)
Sea salt (Finishing salts from A Pinch of… ) and cracked black pepper
2 bunches green asparagus, trimmed and blanched (Headlam Farm Tasmanian Fresh Asparagus)
2 bunches white asparagus, trimmed and blanched (or extra green asparagus from Headlam Farm or Newry Farm)
To make the Mint Sauce
- Place the vinegar, sugar and mint in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the oil, vinegar, sugar and mint in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the lamb in a large baking dish.
- Score with a sharp knife and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the oil mixture, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Roast the lamb for 45 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with the asparagus and mint sauce.