It’s a good morning when breakfast tacos are on the menu. But, honestly, this flavour combination is so versatile, it works well at any hour of the day. Pass the lime.
- 2 potatoes (200gm each), peeled and cut into 2cm-3cm dice – Erinvale Farm Potatoes
- 8 tortillas (we used corn)
- 1½ tbsp neutral oil, such as vegetable or grapeseed
- 2 smoked chorizo (130gm each), diced – Mount Gnomon Farm
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed with a mortar and pestle – Steves Vegies
- 1 tsp paprika
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten with 1 tbsp water – Mount Roland Free Range Eggs
- 1 avocado, cut into 2cm dice
- Coriander and lime wedges, to serve – Steves Vegies
1Place potato in a large saucepan of cold water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil, then boil until potatoes are tender (4-6 minutes). Drain well.
2Meanwhile, for salsa verde, combine ingredients in a bowl with 2-3 tbsp water and season to taste with salt.
3Heat a char-grill pan or frying pan over high heat and cook tortillas until warm (1-2 minutes each side). Wrap in a clean tea towel to keep warm and soft.
4Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add chorizo and fry until browned (2-3 minutes). Add cumin and stir until toasted (1 minute), then add potato and paprika and fry, stirring, until potato is well coated (2-3 minutes). Add spinach and stir until wilted (1 minute), then transfer mixture to bowl and wipe out pan.
5Add remaining oil to pan over medium-high heat, then add egg and cook without stirring for 1 minute, then stir continuously until just beginning to set (2-3 minutes). Add potato mixture and stir into egg, then divide among tortillas. Top with avocado, salsa verde and coriander and serve with lime wedges and remaining salsa.
Recipe and photo sourced by Gourmet Traveller