1 bunch of asparagus, on the thin side but thick enough to cut in half lengthwise (Headlam Farm Tasmanian Fresh Asparagus, Newry Farm Asparagus)
1 cup fresh peas, or frozen and defrosted (or other seasonal vegetables of your choice)
½ cup of cooked and prepped fava beans, you could use frozen defrosted lima beans (or other seasonal vegetables of your choice)
5 radishes, thinly sliced (Laos Fresh Farm, Steve’s Vegies)
2 medium raw zucchini made into ribbons with a vegetable peeler, (no seeds) (Laos Fresh Farm, Mooreville Gardens, Seven Springs Farm, Steve’s Vegies)
½ bunch of red leaf lettuce chopped bite size and a generous handful of arugula mixed together or combination of salad greens of your choice (Laos Fresh Farm, Seven Springs Farm, Steve’s Vegies)
4 oz. of chevre goat cheese, I used the one with honey (Southern Sky Cheese Company)
The zest of one lemon, you can cut up a few slices for garnish after
½ cup of toasted hazelnuts, slightly cracked open (Hazelbrae Hazelnuts, Tasmanian Natural Garlic and Tomatoes)
Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano for top of salad (alternatively use a hard cheese from Elgaar Farm or Southern Sky Cheese Company)
Extra lemons for dressing
Olive oil (Coronea Grove Olives, Lentara Grove, Mt Direction Olives, Village Olive Grove, or substitute with hazelnut oil from Hazelbrae Hazelnuts in the dressing)
1. Roast your asparagus on a sheet pan drizzled with olive oil for maybe 5 or 10 minutes on 375 (190 degrees C) just until the raw taste is gone, you don’t want limp asparagus they should still have a good bite to them, so keep checking. Cool them off and then slice them lengthwise.
2. Make a lemon and olive oil dressing using 2 parts fresh lemon juice to 4 parts olive oil.
3. In a bowl mash up your goat cheese and loosen it up with 2 tablespoons of the lemon dressing.
4. Gently toss and coat sliced asparagus into the mixture, adding salt and pepper to taste.
5. On a large platter assemble the greens, peas, fava beans, radishes, zucchini ribbons all over ending with the goat cheese coated asparagus on top.
6. Sprinkle the toasted nuts all around.
7. Spoon lemon dressing all around, as much as you think you need.
8. Add shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano on top.
9. Garnish with a few lemon slices.