Strelleyfield duck breasts are an easy and delicious meal to enjoy any time of the year. They go well with rich plum or cherry sauces and full-bodied Tasmanian red wines.
1.Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Pat the skin of the duck breast with a kitchen towel to remove any excess moisture, then score the skin with a knife to expose some of the fat underneath.
- Season generously with salt and ground pepper.
- Place skin side down in a cold non stick pan on a medium heat without oil until golden brown. Seal the other side for 1 minute.
- Place the duck breasts skin side up on a rack in a roasting tin in the middle of the pre-heated oven. Cook for 8-15 minutes, depending how you like your duck cooked.
- When the duck is cooked to your liking rest the meat in a warm place for 5-10 minutes, then cut into thick slices to serve. It is of utmost importance that the meat is rested prior to slicing and serving.
- Make sure you save the fat from the pan. Once cooled, it can be stored in the fridge and used next time you roast some seasonal Tasmanian vegetables.