This tiramisu dessert is a great do-ahead recipe if you have a dinner party or need to take along a dessert to a barbecue. It has a strong coffee flavour that is complemented by a creamy mascarpone.
- 250ml strong coffee cooled (for dipping) – Ritual coffee
- 2 tbsp Kahlua or Tia Maria or Marsala liqueur
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cream, whipped – Elgaar farm
- 50 MLS coffee cooled (additional) – Ritual Coffee or provenance Coffee
- 3 tbsp pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 pkg (250g) Sponge finger biscuits (also called Savoiardi)
- 100g dark chocolate
- In a shallow dish, mix together the liqueur and 250mls of coffee and set aside.
- Using a mixer, combine the mascarpone cheese, vanilla, 50mls of coffee and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Using a small dish (5-6 cup capacity), dip half of the biscuits into the coffee mixture and lay onto the bottom of your dish.
- Pour half of the marscapone/cream mixture over the top and spread to cover.
- Dip the rest of the biscuits in the coffee mixture and layer on top of the marscapone mixture.
- Top with the remaining marscapone mixture.
- Grate the dark chocolate over the top. Refrigerate for 6 hrs or preferably overnight.
Recipe sourced by Kidspot