Ingredients: makes 15
1 Egg (70g) – Mount Roland Free Range Eggs
20g Honey – West-bee Honey
40g Natural yoghurt – Tasmania’s Westhaven Dairy
90g Plain flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
70g Melted butter – Tasmanian Butter Co.
- Grease mould with some soft butter and set aside.
- Gently whisk egg, then add sugar and honey into it. Whisk until sugar dissolved.
- Add in natural yoghurt and whisk vigorously till the batter becomes foamy.
- Then gradually add in sifted flour and baking powder into batter mix till combined and becomes a thick paste.
- Lastly, add in melted butter in two batches and mix well.
- Scoop batter into a mould with a spoon.
- Bake at preheated oven 180C for about 12 minutes or skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove Madeleines from mould and place on wire rack to cool.
Recipe sourced from Anncoo Journal